There are so many different mobile providers in Singapore that it can be difficult to find the best deal. With so many choices, how do you know which one is the best sim-only plan for you? Read on for a comparison of the three best sim-only plan providers in Singapore, and how to make an informed decision.
Mobile phone penetration has been growing rapidly over recent years – a really good example was when Singtel launched their 4G network at the end of 2013. The usage of mobile phones has gone up significantly over the last decade, despite an overall decline in the number of telephones in use. According to Statista, as of January 2022, there were 10.44 million mobile phone users in Singapore, which is a rise from 7.89 million (February 2019) and was already 42% higher than it was 10 years ago.
Best 3 Sim Only Plan in Singapore
M1 was formed in 1997 and was originally owned by Singtel before being bought out by Australia’s second-largest telco, Optus Group. It is one of the best sim-only plan companies in Singapore. Currently, M1 covers more than 90% of the population with their 4G network and has a great 4G coverage map on their website that shows you which networks your phone supports.
What’s great about M1 is that it has different plans depending on your usage. There are prepaid and postpaid plans, with the first being their SIM-only plan. This plan is ideal for people who don’t have a lot of data to use or someone who doesn’t want to commit to a contract.
- M1 is one of the most used phones in Singapore and it is a very affordable option as well.
- This SIM-only plan allows you to use your phone without having to commit to a contract or pay upfront. This may be a good option if you want to get serious with your mobile phone usage – someone who wants to use their phone as their only gadget or even for business purposes.
- Free 5G SIM Card and Registration: A free 5G SIM card and registration are included with the M1 SIM card when you buy it. Free activation is also standard and you don’t have to register for an M1 account to use your new phone.
- Free Unlimited Weekend Data
- Most SIM-only plans have monthly data limits, but M1 does not. This is great for users who need data on their phone at all times and really good as mobile users are using more and more online services.
- M1 has a user-friendly website in English with a section dedicated to the freebies that they give out, such as money and free data.
- Free Caller ID: M1 also gives you a free caller ID. The caller ID tells you who’s calling and enables you to block unwanted calls.
M1 has useful packages that allow users to choose the ideal data plan for themselves and their families. These offer committed data, Hong Kong roaming flexibility, and a great network with good coverage, making this mobile provider one of the best in Singapore.
Singtel has been the largest telco operator in Singapore for many years now and is thus very well established. The company is known for its reliability and service and is also subsidizing all of its plans, meaning that if you sign up for a Singtel plan, you get free calls, 100 SMSs, and 1GB of data. This added value really helps keep customers loyal to the company and it’s no wonder they are the largest mobile provider in Singapore. There are so many different mobile plans that you’re sure to find one that suits your needs. For a summary of the prices, you can view this price comparison table.
StarHub has been providing telecommunications services since 1998 and is owned by Singapore Press Holdings (SPH) and a subsidiary of the American telecommunication company, SingTel. The company is known for the “One Plan for All” slogan which is used to describe its plans. There are so many options available to users, including postpaid and prepaid plans. You can even choose between SIM-only and postpaid packages if you’re looking to commit to a contract or not.
First impressions are everything when it comes to your website’s homepage. This incl…