The Google dictionary and the translation windows that pop up when you do an online search now have a brand new tool called “Google Word Coach.” In addition, it is written for non-English speakers. Expanding your vocabulary by playing the Google Word Coach game is a lot of fun. The only language supported by the game since its launch is English. Additionally, it will likely be localized into additional tongues. However, Google Word Coach is an excellent resource. You can learn new words and phrases and enhance your English proficiency.
Table of Contents
When Did Google Launch “Google Word Coach”?
In non-English-speaking nations, the Google Word Coach game was released in February 2018. It has been claimed, however, that the game does not appear in the search results of the United States or any other country where English is the primary language. Because of this, it is primarily aimed at those in countries where English is not the native language, such as India, who want to learn more words and phrases in English and turn to Google.
The reason behind launching Google word Coach
The idea for this game came about while Google looked for methods to make their search engine more enjoyable. Since English is a global language, its introduction to this game primarily aims to inspire people to study it. However, countries where English is not the official language cannot access it. To help those who are not native English speakers learn the language, it is aimed only at them.
Google Word Coach is an excellent online quiz game that can help you learn new words and expand your English vocabulary. This method presents you with a multiple-choice option for a single question. You’ll get extra credit for marking the correct answers. The algorithm used by Google, the world’s most widely used search engine, is frequently updated. The aim is for everyone to participate and enjoy themselves. You can also use Google’s Word Coach. To find it, use your browser’s search bar. It’s also possible to come onto it while unintentionally researching a word’s definition. To increase your vocabulary quickly and easily, try using flashcards.
A Google official hailed it as a fantastic quiz game that aids vocabulary expansion when it was initially published in 2018. This resource is useful for both seasoned experts and newcomers. Therefore, you won’t need any other English-learning resources. Look up “Google Word Coach” in your web browser to learn many English words and phrases. People are stimulated to consider unfamiliar words and consider adding them to their vocabularies as a result.
What are some applications for this device?
You may be wondering what for and how to use this resource; here are some thoughts:
This no-cost tool can help you study for the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) and the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). With the Google word coach app, learning new words can be a fun and engaging experience.
There is no set schedule for taking the test; it can be done anywhere. You don’t even need a computer to utilize it. This application is compatible with any Android-powered mobile device. Vocabulary expansion is critical for success on the English Proficiency exams.
Google’s Word Coach Quiz: A Step-by-Step Tutorial
This detailed walkthrough should assist if you’re having trouble getting through the game’s various stages and missions.
- Start searching for “Google Word Coach” or “Word Coach.” You may also use Google to look up the definition of any term in English.
- A little box containing the game appears in the search results. What you’ve found during your search determines where you are in the game. Just type “Google Word Coach” or “Word Coach” into the search bar to access the quiz box immediately. But if you look up the definition of an English term in a translation card or the Google Dictionary, you’ll see the quiz box below those results.
- There is a quiz question with two answers. All inquiries will now have the same answer. To complete this exercise, choose the best response among the two choices given.
- Synonyms and antonyms are the two most common types of inquiries. When there are multiple answers to a question, the Google Word Coach visual edition may also be included as a choice.
- After each question, you’ll be taken to the next one if you answer correctly. In this game, you still get to move on to the next one if you give an erroneous answer. Incorrect answers will not result in a penalty.
- When the correct answer is selected by touching on the option, it becomes green, and a checkmark appears. If you select the incorrect answer, a red X will appear in front of the selection.
- You can skip a question if you are unsure of the answer. Towards the right-hand side of the screen, there’s a “Skip” button. In addition, a “Feedback” button is located in the right-hand corner of the screen, beneath the “Skip” option. Images questions have the same answer choices.
- You’ll earn 200 points for each right answer. There’s no guarantee that you won’t get 180, 220, or some other number of points. You can improve your overall score by playing more games.
- There will be nine levels, or rounds, with five questions each. After answering the five questions, you’ll be given a score.
- The whole explanation of all the Google Word Coach quiz answers, including examples, can be found below the scores. The explanations are independent of whether you answered correctly or incorrectly. When you tap on a question, a card with its definition, meaning, synonyms, and antonyms will pop up.
- Here’s an example: There were two choices given to you when you asked, “Which word is similar to notwithstanding”?: [Despite] and [Pending]. After selecting the down arrow, a new window will pop up. Also true for the quiz with pictures as questions. This is how the definitions for all quiz questions are presented. The best thing is that you will receive a detailed explanation of each question regardless of whether you answered properly.
- There’s a “Next Round” option for when you’re ready to take another quiz.
- Level-up cards are awarded for perfect performance in each subsequent level. These words are too simple for you, according to your level-up card. From now on, I will have to use harsher language with you.
- Thirteen, if you press the “Continue” button, you will advance to the next stage. The game becomes increasingly challenging as you progress through it.
- The number of times you can play this game is not set in stone. This game can go on forever. You may keep playing this game for as long as you like. Keep at it for a while, and your score will rise. You’ll improve your vocabulary and drive to set new high scores the more you play.
- If you have already logged in with your Google account, your score will be saved temporarily. If you exit the browser and then reopen it, however, you will need to begin over from the very beginning. As a result, keeping your data indefinitely is not feasible.
- The top right corner of the game box is a share button to brag about your score to your pals. Follow the on-screen prompts to share your score via email, text message, or one of many popular social media sites.
Drawbacks of Google word coach
It’s a proven truth that this Google Word Coach assists non-native English speakers in expanding their vocabularies. However, the game does have some negative aspects, such as:
- Since it cannot function without an active internet connection, the game actively seeks to connect to one. Consequently, you can’t use Google Word Coach without an internet connection.
- To play, you’ll need a smartphone; it won’t run on a computer.
- The game’s biggest drawback is that it doesn’t save your progress when you exit the browser. Therefore, every time you launch your browser, you’ll need to begin again from square one.
Google word coach shortcut key
If you’re keen on giving this fun game a try, you’ll want to know whether or not you can set up a quick launch button. Yes, there is a button you may click to launch it quickly. However, the Google Word Coach is mobile-device exclusive. It is not available via computer or laptop. We have already tried it with tablets, but it does not function properly.
In the game, you’ll see a prompt asking if you wish to make a shortcut. There are now downloadable app icons for this game that can be placed on your smartphone’s home screen.
Google’s Word Coach is an app designed to make testing and improving one’s English vocabulary more of a game. Students will be exposed to new words and phrases, as well as their definitions, helping them improve their English language command. Without a doubt, this is one of the best resources of its kind on the web. Give it a shot right now, and have fun while educating yourself.
EEHHAAA is a marketing firm that delivers an incredible ad platform where 5+ million verif…